A lot of things had happened on the year that I was born. One of the highlights I think is the released of HP's first PC ;)
|In 1980 (the year you were born)|
* Jimmy Carter is president of the US.
* President Carter announces punitive measures and embargoes against the USSR in retaliation for the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
* Mount St. Helens in Washington state erupts in a violent blast estimated to be 500 times as powerful as the Hiroshima atomic bomb.
* Ronald Reagan is elected the 40th US president in a sweeping victory.
* US Representative Michael O. Myers is expelled from the House for his role in the Abscam scandal.
* Hewlett-Packard announces release of its first personal computer.
* Microsoft announces their version of UNIX, Xenix.
* Christina Ricci, Chelsea Clinton, Venus Williams, Jessica Simpson, Macaulay Culkin, and Jake Gyllenhaal are born.
* Philadelphia Phllies win the World Series.
* Pittsburgh Steelers win Superbowl XIV.
* New York Islanders win the Stanley Cup.
* The Empire Strikes Back is the top grossing film.
* "Lady" by Kenny Rogers spends the most time at the top of the US charts.
* U.S. viewers get caught up in the "Who Shot J.R.?" cliff hanger on the soap opera series, Dallas, which is solved on a November 21 episode, drawing a record numbers of viewers.
What Happened the Year You Were Born?
1. What happened in the year you were born? Take the quiz by clicking the link above.
2. Post the result of the quiz in your blog.
3. Tag 5 people who you think are born on a different year than yours.
3. It would be interesting to know the age of your blogging buddies plus of course get to know a little about history few years back.
4. Add your name on the list below. Indicating also the year you were born.
JOANNE - 1980